Wednesday 18 December 2013

Messing About ...

... for my photos (or for my sins), I use Photoshop Elements 6 plus Neat Image (a freebie noise reduction software - essential for those low-light high-ISO footy pics).  Only really scratched the surface with Photoshop - the usual "Auto Levels" and "Auto Sharpen" - a few "Photomerge Panorama" efforts ... and odd little bits like "Remove Colour", "Colour Variations" (often to go for the 'sepia effect') and the odd "Radial Blur" usually to highlight a footballer.  I've got one pic of Stromness High Street in the Orkneys in my portfolio that looks really good - but I haven't a clue how I got there !!!

Fiddled with this pic tonight (another cameraphone effort)  ...




















... and got to this ...


















... but this time I recorded what I did !! 

(Crop/Remove Colour/Sharpen/Darken/Film Grain Effect/stop before over-egging it !!)

Reckon it's not the 'best way' of tweaking pics - probably better if you know what you want (which assumes you have the knowledge on how to get it !) rather than blundering blindly (even if you do suddenly hit a "Eureka Moment" !) ... only time will tell if stuff goes in one ear - and fails to come out of the other one ...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment