Monday 17 February 2014

Staying with "silhouettes" ...

... so many times peeps will say "a silhouette pic is a BAD pic" - as in badly composed, not taking light into account etc etc... as I said earlier I love silhouettes - although my particular "way forward" is usually to hit the "Remove Colour" option - as in this one taken last November up in't'Lake District ...




OK ... here's one from the BBC website today, courtesy of this story - hopefully Mr Getty and his Images won't mind me reproducing (in the context of education/learning rather than just "photo theft"). ...


Would love to talk to the snapper ... how he/she has managed to get a wonderful silhouette (plus "half and half" on the face) whilst keeping the colour - obviously Alex Salmond was sitting in the right place vis-a-vis the window ... and with a nice blue sky outside the window as well -   I'd guess that the blue sky background was fundamental in keeping the front of the face 'out of darkness' ... but was there some lighting in the room as well that assisted the light "half face" whilst keeping the 'prayer like' hands in darkness ??

Again we're back to the "I wish I was that good" option ...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment