Thursday 13 March 2014

Meltham Walk Pics ...

... better late than never (I have been watching "The Miners Strike and Me" tonight - and yes I still get angry with Margaret Thatcher - until I remember she's dead ... and that cheers me up).

Enough politics (I could go on but ... no ...) Some pics from Sunday - again using the new cheap and cheerful 18-200 Tamron.

Meltham Walk 09Mar14

Learning to live with the very grainy effect at full range (note to self ... don't go the full 200 - maybe 180 max) - plus it WAS a lovely bright day ... which brings out the haze in the long distance efforts.  Obviously the best option here is to get involved with screw-on filters - but that's an area I've not really got my head around - yet !!  I do have a CPL (circular polarising) filter which fits onto my 77cm diameter lenses - have used it a few times - but no real examples to pull out.  I might try to get one for the 18-200, especially if we get more days like Sunday - I've rough idea of the theory whereby it helps to sort out the contrast,reflections and glare - but then again we don't get too much call for that in this country !!!!

 Quite happy with this one though ...














... a bit of a "smart-arse post-processing effort" involving selecting the rocks - removing the colour and darkening them a bit (!) - and then superimposing them back onto the original pic thus keeping the bright blue sky !  If you look at the original pic ...














... the rocks etc  just look totally 'washed out' compared to the bright blue sky - a CPL on the lens might have helped towards a better contrast without losing the sky ...

Here endeth Wednesday !
.

No comments:

Post a Comment