Tuesday 23 September 2014

... and people slag off Royal Mail ...

Obviously I see stuff on my daily "wander" ... but here's a couple of things that have happened within the last 5 days to make you think.

Last week - get to a house a find a card "hanging out" of the letter box - not even pushed through ...






... and here's their idea of a "safe place" ...


By front door, 10 feet away from the pavement, in full view - and with a school across the road.  Please define "safe" ...

Today ... I get to a house - deliver - and then the owner comes out ... very old, very frail, and - I have to say -  "a touch confused" ... he says "Are you delivering to number xx ?  Because someone's left this on my driveway" - I look - and it's a very large box (it actually contained a bicycle repair stand).  "Would you mind taking it round ??".  Basically - it weighed a ton !!! And I knew the people would not be at home (obviously why the "certain courier company" had 'dumped it' at the first available opportunity).  

However - unlike the "certain courier company" - I know the area - and the people - so whilst carrying a heavy RM bag I tucked this bloody heavy box under my arm and moved it to a proper "safe place" (i.e. one of their neighbours on a different street who ALWAYS take parcels in for this particular address - out of sight and under cover).  Left a card at original address (a Royal Mail "while you were out" - explaining the whole shambles - I obviously don't carry UKMail cards !!!) ... and once the rain arrived an hour or so later I thought "I have done a good job here".

So ... well done to UKMail (twice) - NOT .. and for all you peeps out there - when you wonder about using companies other than Royal Mail ... I hope you think twice.

Rant over ... 
.

1 comment:

  1. I have personally got my parcels delivered through iPostparcels and I have never been disappointed by their service. They have always delivered my parcels with safety and on time.

    ReplyDelete