Sunday 9 April 2017

The Quandary that is Stalybridge Celtic ...

A no-pic post !!!

OK .. it does tend to be mostly Mossley on here - but you'll obviously  have seen the trips to other places as well - and I've done 'Bridge a fair few times this season - and I reckon I've only seen 'em win once !  When fixtures collide (as they do) I'll end up going local - and I've not seen Stalybridge for a fair few weeks.

In that time they've managed 7 points out of 9 - it could well be the "great escape" from relegation - who knows ?? Especially with rumours of clubs going under.  Today they've managed to beat (top of the table) AFC Fylde 2-1 to keep that trapdoor open (or should that be shut ?)  - on Tuesday night they're at home to Kiddermister Harriers - could this run continue ?? 
Should I go ?? Answer being "no" for other reasons - it's going to be one of my very very few chances to see Stafford Rangers ... who are up at Ashton United - a re-arranged game that was postponed a month or so ago.  

People have lucky pants, lucky socks, lucky allsorts - and I'm going to stick with the lucky absences - at this time of 'Bridges season I reckon points are far more important than pictures ...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment