Sunday 28 December 2014

Hyde FC v Stalybridge Celtic - New Years Eve Update


Dream debut for Celtic - scoring sensation Dominic Calvert-Lewin


Catching up ... and it's a big "THANKS" to Colin and Charlie Bond who enabled me to get to Hyde for the game ... and the game .. first half was definitely a case of "smash and grab" by Celtic as Hyde looked much the better team - even had one disallowed for offside -  and some great work by Celtic 'keeper Lewis King ...and then a couple of minutes before half-time Celtic took the lead after Dominic Calvert-Lewin put one in that Hyde 'keeper Connor Hunt did well to block .... but Kev Holsgrove was there to poke it in.

Second half - again Hyde started the stronger ... and got their equaliser ... but then DCL (it's easier !) scored two in two, which basically killed off Hyde.  A fourth goal from Charlie Ennis was followed by one red card for  Celtic's Matty Hughes (in the words of Arsene "Couldn't see it") and a second for Hyde.  However the team that wanted it, got it ... pics from game at

Hyde FC 2 Stalybridge Celtic 4

Yo Ho Ho - Merry Christmas etc- spoiled rather when I found out that my Dad had been rushed into hospital on Christmas Day evening - heart attack - as I'm updating this on 31DEC14 I can safely say that all is not bad - in fact he may be home today (need to check with me Mum) - I do have a day off work not only tomorrow (New Years Day) but also Friday (my weekly "day off" which they normally ask me to work - but this week ?? no.... work it out next week my "day off" will be a Saturday - and you can guarantee they won;t be ringing up to say "your day off is covered" !!!!).

I digress - obviously too much work = too little play ... but we did have a visitor on the 28th ... so I grabbed camera and shot with what I'd got ... the Christmas Squirrel ...


Christmas Squirrel 28Dec14

Tomorrow - New Years Day - I'll aim for the Mossley v Padiham game (cus I've not seen Mossley for ages !!!) - I know the temperature is UP tomorrow but the rain is similar ... so there are many options (the Ashton derby, the Stalybridge/Hyde return, Droylsden v Salford) - we'll see what the weather gives us.

And finally "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to all my readers - I know since the 'demise' of "Six Tame Sides" in it's purest sense, we've gone downhill a bit - but like everyone can realise ... time is not infinite - so you do what you can - and I'm trying to keep something going if nowt else !!!

Have a good night everyone ... best wishes for 2015 !!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment