Sunday 22 December 2013

Next Stage Up ...

... OK you've seen some of the efforts from the cameraphone so far - and nowt from the big guns.  I have an"in-betweenie" as well - a Canon PowerShot A480 Compact Camera - which was bought before the "Bridge Camera" option came onto the market.  I'll be honest - in my humble opinion, this compact camera is pretty poor - it was a supposed "upgrade" from a previous compact (a Fuji Finepix A500) - but unfortunately it's never seemed to perform as well.  The old compact seemed to cope really well with low light - and I got some cracking pix at gigs with it - but this PowerShot ... hmmm ... anyway a couple of pix from same camera.  We were up in the Lake District not so long ago for a 24/36 hour getaway - and I brought some beer home - now sadly drunk ...



... and tonight ... I cooked a posh tea - I was quite pleased with the outcome - pork steak topped with spanish black pudding and bacon, with green beans in garlic butter, peppered cauliflower, carrots and roast potatoes - as in  ...
















Both pushed through Photoshop (levels, sharpen) and then Neat Image (just auto-profile and filter ... were I to actually buy the product, I may have to learn more about it !). Horses for courses I suppose - but at times it does look like the phone is better than the compact !!

 ... and if anyone's NOT been on the "Six Tame Sides" site - the football pictures - with the big guns (!) -  from yesterday are at

Stalybridge Celtic 3 Boston United 3

No comments:

Post a Comment