Friday 6 March 2015

Curzon/Belper; Mossley/Bamber Bridge - Late Late Stuff

... for a number of reasons (family-based - so I'm not going into it now).


Nabil Sharif has just put Belper 2-1 up ... but they couldn't hang on ...

Monday saw Belper's third trip "up here" - I'd seen 'em draw against FC United (at Stalybridge Celtic) - I'd seen 'em lose at Ashton United (at Ashton United) ... I was hoping to complete the set on Monday against Curzon Ashton (at Curzon Ashton) ... although I wasn't really expecting it !!!!!!

However - they took the lead - got pegged back - and took the lead again - it was only a 90th minute equaliser from Sam Walker that ruined my "set" (strange as it may seem it would/could have been Belper's first "double" of the season !!) However a 2-2 draw looks good for the team who are (let's be honest) going down ... unless they now go on and 11 match unbeaten run ... we hope we pray - cus if they go down, it's back to Evo South.  Pics from game at

Curzon Ashton 2 Belper Town 2



Tom Pratt looking for a way through the Brig defence ...

24 hours later it was Mossley v Bamber Bridge - and Mossley picking up the "Team of the Month" award - as is the norm 'twas the "kiss of death" as the home team lost 0-1 to a very efficient Bamber Bridge team who nudged themselves into the play-off positions.  No complaints - the better side won.  Only a few pics from the game (my mind was elsewhere - see above).

Mossley 0 BamberBridge 1

Crap week at work as well - which never helps - let's see what the weekend brings - where I'm going no-one knows - least of all me ... mostly down to work ... but much depends on "other stuff" as well - hey ho...
.

No comments:

Post a Comment